Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Orange Plankton's Last (?) 2004 Tokyo Show


Orange Plankton at the Shinjuku Live Freak. Posted by Hello

Tonight was piano pop quartet Orange Plankton’s last scheduled show of the year in Tokyo, though they said they might also play at a Okinawan food bistro here next month. And during Christmas, they will be in the island of Okinawa itself, playing for a thousands of kids at an amusement park called Kodomo no Kuni (translated to ‘Kid Land’, I guess). I don’t know what the Orange Plankton-Okinawa connection is, what with the restaurant and amusement park gig. I wish I could go to the Okinawa Kid Land show, but unfortunately money doesn’t grow on trees in the garden so I can buy plane tickets anytime I want to see a concert in a faraway place, and anyway I’ll be in LA with my family during Christmas.

The show, at a club called Live Freak right next to the gay district in Shinjuku, was the usual brilliant Orange Plankton. Unless there’s a surprise between now and December 31, their album Wakusei Note will be my favorite album of 2004.


Orange Plankton at the Shinjuku Live Freak. Posted by Hello

No comments: