Sunday, July 03, 2005

Blog Comrades Describe 5.6.7.8's & VC75

An unfortunate truth is that although there are plenty of Tokyo rock shows I want to see, for one reason or another I often have to miss many of them (sometimes there are even two or more promising shows on the same evening and I have to skip them all!).

My fellow Japan bloggers are luckier at times, however, going to and writing about good Tokyo gigs while I'm kept away from the good times.

Big in Japan, for example, writes about going to see the 5.6.7.8's, the female rock trio made famous by Quentin Tarantino's use of their song in the movie Kill Bill. It sounds like the Shimokitazawa Shelter gig was nearly perfect except for a low-energy encore performance.

Chipple.net, meanwhile, describes seeing Vasallo Crab 75, PINE*am and a few other groups at the Star Pine's Cafe in Kichijoji. In our conversations, Miniskirt singer Edgar Franz has several times raved about the girl future pop band PINE*am, and I've been interested in seeing them but haven't been able to. And I've written many times about the indies guitar pop/funk band Vasallo, something that Chipple.net's Patrick kindly notes, adding that he liked them too.

No comments: