Monday, August 09, 2004

Cruyff in the Bedroom at the Que


cruyff in the bedroom Posted by Hello

As I said, Cruyff in the Bedroom (origin of band name unknown), not the Clisms, was the band I went to see tonight at Club Que in Shimokitazawa. But because the Clisms were so Out There, Cruyff's gig didn't have the same impact. Even though Cruyff was good.

On a very geeky level, however, I was impressed with the Cruyff guitarists' rigs. The two guitarist must have had about thirty effects pedals between them, costing the equivalent of at least several thousand dollars for everything. Also, the guitar that the singer is holding in the picture is an ESP (Japanese brand) 12-string, which I'd never seen before. I think ESP gives guitars for free to rock musicians it thinks will be good advertisement for their guitars.

No comments: